Welcome to my blog everyone

Welcome to my Travel Blog everyone. I hope you Enjoy... please don't forget to visit my other site for the photos. www.pixie-constance.bebo.com.


have fun, we are...


Sarah

Thursday 14 June 2007

Places to go and see...


Poland


Certainly on my list of places to go.

I have always been interested in War History. Even as a small child my favorite novels were always centered around war stories. "Number the Stars" "Kiss the Dust" ...

I guess Auschwitz is probably one of the most tragic sites of "modern" warefare. Not just the number of deaths but in the methods.

I was shocked to find that so many of my grade 12 students had no knowledge of this place and the events that happened. Many of my Grade 9 students had no knowledge of even who Hitler was! I just find that totally disgraceful. I know History isn't such a fashionable subject these days, but surely major historical events should be remembered.

"Those who cannot remember the past are comdemned to repeat it .. "

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Places to go and see: Copenhagen! You must see Copenhagen : )

Sarah Ketley said...

yes yes yes...

comming to Copenhagen... i have friends there:-)

:-)