Welcome to my blog everyone

Welcome to my Travel Blog everyone. I hope you Enjoy... please don't forget to visit my other site for the photos. www.pixie-constance.bebo.com.


have fun, we are...


Sarah

Friday 20 July 2007

London History Museum

Yep another museum....
However it was free so at least it was an inexpensive day!

1. Early Britain - had lots of cool finds from thousands of years ago. Including a replica of the Battersea Shield.
2. Roman britain - scale models of London in Roman times. Shops and all sorts of things you can actually play with.
3. Medieval Britain. Full size medieval Hut... we could walk and sit in...very cool... chain maille, film on the black death...hats to try on...books... language learning stuff.. very cool...
4. London Burning - dedicated to the Great Fire of London that destroyed most of London. Ver interesting as we saw the monument for the fire the other day. I had no idea how much of it was burnt, and how close it came to the Tower of London.

very good museum. Interactive.

after that we took a wander to the Old Bailey. It is the Central Criminal Court now so we couldn't go in. I did however ask a guard how to get a hold of the records and they are in Kew, Surrey. He asked me "why was i wanting them" and i told him and he said he vaguely remembered the court case.

must go down and have a look.

We accidently wandered past St Pauls Cathedral but it was too late to go in.

Back on the tube and cooked dinner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, because you just accidently wander past St Pauls Cathedral...
Glad you're still having fun! I am doing the musem course over the summer at uni, did I tell you? three subjects this semester, one over summer, but it counts as double credits, and two next year then I graduate. We are making displays for the anthropology museum, I wonder if they will let me build a medieval hut, or an iron age roundhouse.

Anonymous said...

So Sarah can you get the records and hope you took a photo outside the court, fancy the case being remembered what fun. The coldest day ever on record in Brisbane yesterday it started at the airport as -1. Keep the fun comming.
Mum