Welcome to my blog everyone

Welcome to my Travel Blog everyone. I hope you Enjoy... please don't forget to visit my other site for the photos. www.pixie-constance.bebo.com.


have fun, we are...


Sarah

Thursday 19 July 2007

bow quarter

EDIT I have added some links to the history of Bow Quarter....





Just for those people as strange as me who love looking at houses, i though i would post up the pictures that we took from the street looking into Bow quarter. Here they are...
Post following on Westminster Abbey...
For more information look at the following sites:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah do you know what I Bow area was, poor, posh or what it is not at all what I expected it to be which was a slum area.

Sarah Ketley said...

well if you look at Booth's Poverty map of about 1898 ish... Bow quarter itself was full of poverty but some of the surounding streets had enough money to live day to day. It looks like a very street by street thing. one street is comfortaable and above the poverty line...the next is very much below the poverty line. This area was mixed. Unlike the docklands which were very poor.